Those who show signs of sex addiction may suffer from depression and/or anxiety which can result in a variety of mental and physical issues.
So how do you stop sex addiction?
Firstly, we need to try and understand what it is.
What is Sex Addiction?
Sex Addiction Signs
- Excessive masturbation.
- Preoccupied with sexual thoughts that interfere with daily life, tasks, productivity and work performance.
- Noticing that you are planning when to act out, i.e. engaging in sexual activity.
- Spending money to support your sexual needs, i.e., chat sights, phone sex, visiting sex workers.
- Visiting hook up sights to meet for casual sex with strangers and also visiting swingers’ clubs.
- Financial strain.
- Engaging in sex with strangers including couples or multiple partners.
- Pursuing inappropriate sexual activities despite the risks.
- Having a constant urge for sex leading to feelings of regret, anxiety, depression and shame.
- Engaging in gay sexual activities although identifying as being straight.
- Lying and hiding sexual behaviours from family members and those close to you.
- Inability to stop or manage the behaviours
- Turning to alcohol/drugs or both to enhance sexual feelings.
- Find that intimacy with their partner becoming more difficult.
- Difficulties with keeping an erection and/or climaxing.
Sex Addiction Therapy
Help for Overcoming Porn and Sex Addiction
Our Therapeutic Approach
There are various approaches to therapy and dealing with sex addiction. We use integrative therapy which is a combined approach to therapy. It’s a view that having a more diverse approach provides the client with more room for success in overcoming sex addiction.
It can be an extremely lonely place coping and dealing with sex addiction, but you are not alone and there is help.
Some of our therapists have also been through this process so you can take comfort in knowing that you won’t be judged. Our therapists are here to be with you on your journey to recovery in the treatment of sex addiction. We are here to help you so please reach out to us.